Ask a Librarian
Who may use this service?
This service is open to the students, faculty and staff of Idaho State University.**
What does Ask a Librarian do?
- Answers simple factual questions
- Provides book and journal citation verification
- Offers information on the selection and use of electronic databases and resources
- Provides guidance on how to begin library research
- Supplies information about the Library's holdings and services
- Refers technical questions to the Webmaster
For more complex reference questions and additional research assistance, please visit the Library or call the Reference Desk at (208) 282-3152.
How long will it take to receive an answer?
The Oboler Library Reference Staff will usually respond within 48 hours of the request, excluding weekends. If you need an immediate response to your question, please call or stop by the Reference Desk.
**If you are not affiliated with ISU, but have a question concerning Idaho State University or regarding a unique resource of the Eli M. Oboler Library, we will be happy to assist you. Other questions will receive a standard reply explaining our policy.